Subject: Re: Netatalk+Asun
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: David Bryan <videoman@visi.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/20/2000 17:49:43
On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 12:07:29PM -0400, Michael Wolfson had written:
> At 10:43 AM -0400 8/18/00, Matt White wrote:
>
> :)John;
> :)
> :)As far as I know you cannot.
>
> You most certainly can.  I've never used the pkg_src version.  Previously,
> I just compiled and installed the asun version from source and it worked
> just fine in the chooser and when typing in the IP address.
>
> Perhaps the pkg_src version does not start the rc.atalk script?  This
> script initiates the appletalk daemon, sets your appletalk workstation
> name, and registers it on the appletalk network.  Then, when the afp daemon
> starts, it knows how to register that service on appletalk with the correct
> name.
>
> Look in /etc/rc.local to see if something like /usr/pkg/etc/rc.atalk is
> started, or if only /usr/pkg/etc/afpd is started.

You also need the netatalk stuff compiled into the kernel, and the interface for
bsd needs to be in the same network as the mac to see each other, aka:
atalk 65280.205 range 65280-65534 phase 2 broadcast 0.255
Then the mac need the same network, 65280.

--
           //\\
VideoMan  //()\\  aka DaVinci (David M.N. Bryan)