Subject: Re: Netatalk+Asun
To: Matt White <mwhite@madriver.k12.oh.us>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/18/2000 12:07:29
At 10:43 AM -0400 8/18/00, Matt White wrote:

:)John;
:)
:)As far as I know you cannot.

You most certainly can.  I've never used the pkg_src version.  Previously,
I just compiled and installed the asun version from source and it worked
just fine in the chooser and when typing in the IP address.

Perhaps the pkg_src version does not start the rc.atalk script?  This
script initiates the appletalk daemon, sets your appletalk workstation
name, and registers it on the appletalk network.  Then, when the afp daemon
starts, it knows how to register that service on appletalk with the correct
name.

Look in /etc/rc.local to see if something like /usr/pkg/etc/rc.atalk is
started, or if only /usr/pkg/etc/afpd is started.

Good luck,
  -- MW