Subject: Re: Netatalk+Asun
To: , <johndanielmoore@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Matt White <mwhite@madriver.k12.oh.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/18/2000 10:43:56
John;

As far as I know you cannot.

I've played with the same thing, and was unable to come up with a way to =
let it find the server over IP. I believe later versions of AppleShare IP =
and the AppleShare client respond to SLP, but I don't think the older =
versions (5.x) did - and Netatalk+asun is a clone of AppleShare 5.x.

You log in over IP and then make an alias to the volume, if I remember =
correctly.

- Matt

>>> John Moore <johndanielmoore@yahoo.co.uk> 08/18/00 10:22AM >>>
Hi,=20

A few days ago I installed Netatalk+Asun from the
pkgsrc. However I have a few problems that I have been
unable to solve.

When I start Netatalk I can't see it in AppleShare in
the Chooser until I select Server IP Address. When I
then get the login box there is no name for the NetBSD
machine and it is selecting clear text.=20

Is there any way I can change these settings? I have
been reading a few Netatalk doc's for Linux but I cant
find the config files that there are talking about.

Thanks for any help in advance

John Moore=20