Subject: Re: data point on iMacs & USB.
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/15/2000 02:04:04
> Does anyone in the Boston area have an iMac that they could lend me?
> I'll be here (Cambridge) for a while, and I might even have some
> spare time to debug this.

How long is "a while" ?

I'm seriously tempted to ship you mine; it already has 1.4.3_ALPHA on the
local disk (just built it today, the 'make release' is running now). The
boot procedure is really weird, but it works as long as the console keyboard
support is not totally busted. (This doesn't guarantee the console will work
once it goes multi-user, unfortunately.)

Currently it still netboots to get ofwboot, but I also have a MacOS partition
on there so theoretically that could be local-booted as well.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com