Subject: Re: mesh driver
To: Jake Luck <jake@10k.org>
From: M L Riechers <mlr@rse.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/14/2000 13:38:14
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:49:07 -0400 (EDT), Jake Luck <jake@10k.org> asks,

>  Mike, is Jun 10 the last 1.4 kernel?
>
>  jake

No.  I got the kernel build as:

"ncftp -CR ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src"

The tarballs would have been put up on the 10th of June, and I believe
I downloaded them on the 14th.

As I understand it, in June we were tracking the 1.5 release. 1.4ZB
would be just before, as, or a little later than 1.5. (We seem to have
an awful lot of different branches at the moment.  Would someone
comment, or correct me if I'm wrong?)

Well, I'll presently try downloading and compiling the latest
tarballs. I'll let you know how it goes.

At any rate, as I've pointed out in an earlier post, we stripped the
kernel of most anything vaguely un-resembling a 7500.  That might help
you, I don't know.  I've put the kernel up for ftp, if that helps.
Find it at:

ftp.rse.com

in

/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot20000610/binary/kernel/netbsd.EASTERN_ZB.gz

I'll post the configuration file here, if anyone wants it.

-Mike