Subject: Performa 4400 with broken floppy
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/11/2000 09:21:50
I have a Performa 4400 which won't boot NetBSD from any medium I tried. It
has OF 2.0.something. Booting from floppy fails due to read errors (probably
that drive is broken, I get errors when formatting disks on MacOS too).

It's won't boot from CD nor the internal IDE disk (grey screen and then hangs)

It can boot Linux via the XBoot App without any problem :-(
Only problem: I don't want to run Linux on it.

If I dd (on another machine) the boot.fs from the snapshot onto another IDE
drive and replace that disks (or add it as a second disk), do I have a chance
to boot from this?

Martin