Subject: Re: making bootable disk for NetBSD/macppc
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/09/2000 13:17:43
On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I sincerely doubt I can take the disk out of the Ultra 450 in the
> closet here, connect it to my macppc machine, and expect it to work.

There's a difference between the file system being usable, and the disk
being usable. The difference is the partition table.

If the file system filled the entire disk, then the file system should
work on macppc (and any other NetBSD port, though LE ones would need
FFS_EI). :-)

If you look at the mount code, you will see that, wiht COMPAT_10 (or is it
COMPAT_09?), NetBSD's mount call will take ufs as a synonym for ffs. :-)

Take care,

Bill