Subject: please excuse MIME BS
To: 'port-macppc@netbsd.org' <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Cliff Neighbors <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/04/2000 16:12:20

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFFE69.70AD4CD0

apologies to all: I am forced to use MS Outlook on NT for email
which does allow selecting "plain text" message format,
but apparently sends in MIME text/plain + text/html regardless.
since I examined the source to my previous message about memory limits
I now understand that the problem is Outlook behavior, not me failing
to select "plain text" format as I had assumed.

please don't flame me.  I promise to fix this situation or I will
(gladly) hurl my NT box out the plate glass window to the asphalt
below.

regards,
	-cliff-

---
cliff neighbors
allegro networks, inc.
cliff@allegronetworks.com
408-281-5532
---

------_=_NextPart_001_01BFFE69.70AD4CD0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2652.35">
<TITLE>please excuse MIME BS</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>apologies to all: I am forced to use MS Outlook on NT for email</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>which does allow selecting &quot;plain text&quot; message format, </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>but apparently sends in MIME text/plain + text/html regardless.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>since I examined the source to my previous message about memory limits</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I now understand that the problem is Outlook behavior, not me failing</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>to select &quot;plain text&quot; format as I had assumed.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>please don't flame me.&nbsp; I promise to fix this situation or I will</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>(gladly) hurl my NT box out the plate glass window to the asphalt</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>below.&nbsp; </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>regards,</FONT>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=2>-cliff-</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>cliff neighbors</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>allegro networks, inc.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>cliff@allegronetworks.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>408-281-5532</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT>
</P>