Subject: Re: Do LKMs work *at*all* on powerpc platforms?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/03/2000 03:27:47
On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:06:58PM -0700, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> Try "-mlong-calls" and see if that is recognized.
>
> Various gcc ports have been introducing this switch, and in at least one
> case it took a while before someone remembered to document it.

No dice, unfortunately. cc says "Invalid option `long-calls'".

We're using egcs-1.1.2 release or egcs-2.91.66 19990314 (I love Gnu).
Is that true of all NetBSD ports? No gcc in pkgsrc/devel (nuts).

Would compiling LKMs with this flag really fix all the problems, or
will there still be the same trouble with the memcpy called by the lkm
function that gets passed to load() not using the modified prototype?

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net