Subject: Re: ssh and urandom
To: Mike Bush <mike@ieaccess.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/02/2000 12:43:54
On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 11:39:17AM -0500, Mike Bush wrote:
> I tried installed sshd awhile back and realized the kernel isn't compiled
> with /dev/random or /dev/urandom.  After seeing the comment in the GENERIC
> kernel config I decided to drop the entire idea. Just how expermimental is
> random? 'Almost pseudo random' is ok.. I just don't want it taking the
> machine down. Anyone using it? Has it caused any problems?

There was just discussion of this on current-users.

options RND works flawlessly on macppc, and ought to (and probably
will) be in the GENERIC kernel for 1.5.

While you're in there, presuming you're a pre-USB mac, hack out all
the USB stuff. Vaguely halves the size of your kernel.

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net