Subject: NetBSD on PW G3 locks up hard
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 08/01/2000 11:17:58
Hi,
I've finally managed to get NetBSD on a powerbook G3 (G3 bronze with 128MB
RAM), on the same drive as MacOS. I'm booting from HD using 'boot hd:,netbsd'
(tried to boot using ofwboot.elf but it doesn't find the kernel).
Now the probleme I have is that the machine locks up hard when I try to
compile something (ssh or tcsh from pkgsrc). I can't even enter ddb.
I also got a core dump from make and a strange error message from sed about
an invalid regexp (the same pkgsrc compiles find on anything else I have).

Did someone else see this ? I strongly suspect HW issues because a linuxppc
install died with the same problem (lock up). On the other side MacOS runs
without aparrent troubles.