Subject: booting 3400 help (Re: booting CD ?)
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: charlie allom <charlie@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/17/2000 00:25:29
hi,

im installing onto a 3400c. it has OF version 2.0.1, so it can't use
ELF. it also has no floppy drive bay so i've created a bootable CD ..

i have the netbsd kernel, ofwboot.elf and ofwboot.xcf (last one from
/pub/NetBSD/misc/wrstuden cause i couldn't get it from boot.fs - no
other unix boxes with floppy's)

im having major trouble with OF, can anyone else running a 3400 help
me out and tell me how to boot from a CDROM? (which boot-device alias
i should be using..)

im getting error's like 'cannot LOAD' and 'formatstate not valid'

the alias 'cd' and 'enet' arent there when i 'devalias' so hmmmm =\

muchly appreciated. im not a NetBSD -newbie- exactly. ive gotten my
SE/30 running quite nicely it's just this OF im lost in =)

cheers. charlie.
--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia