Subject: Problems installing on a G3 Yosemite
To: None <port-macppc@NetBSD.org>
From: B. Taylor <dvlboi@home.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/13/2000 13:30:02
NetBSD Folks,

I have to admit first off that I am kind of new to the mac world and also
new to the NetBSD world so any lameness by me I apologize for up front.

I have been trying to install NetBSD on my Blue and Whie G3 Yosemite for the
past couple of days and can not even get the cd to boot. I have downloaded
the 1.4.2 ISO off of your site on a pc and tried booting from cd.

I get into the open firmware v3.1.1 and type
>boot cd:,ofwboot.elf

this is what it spits back at me one it checks the cdrom:

load-size=1000 adlr32=16783c74
unrecognized Client Program format

I am not sure what I am doing wrong or if I need to set something up on the
open firmware side or what. I checked the cd in my laptop and did a cd boot
and the installer came up just fine so I don't think the cd is bad.

If there is anything I am missing please email me. I have checked the FAQ
and found nothing on this. Below is a description of my system.

Macintosh G3 Yosemite 350 (blue and white)
320 megs of pc100 ram
6gig ata hard drive
4gig Scsi hard drive
Orange Micro Grappler 940UW scsi card
DVD ata cdrom
ATI Rage 128 video card
and of course all the goodies that come with this model.

I have set auto-boot to false for now and am anxiously awaiting to hear your
feedback on this issue. If I am just totally screwed since the scsi card is
not an adaptec that could also be one possibility.

-Brian Lee Taylor