Subject: Re: your mail (more stuff on the boot ISO) and My hardware problems
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Bush <mike@ieaccess.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/13/2000 12:00:17
Ok,

The CD image I made seens to work fine. I just tested it today.. But there
is 3 things to note about it. 1) make SURE you download it in BINARY mode
(IE still uses ASCII by default as far as i know). 2) I've only burnt it
with windows/adaptec ez-cd 3) The kernel in this image is netbsd.gz so boot
with 'boot cd:,ofwboot.elf netbsd.gz' or enter netbsd.gz at the 'Boot:'
prompt.

Have a problem...

I have 2 G4's (a 350 and a 350). I have been able to install netbsd (a few
time) on the 350 and today I tried installing on the 450. I've ran into a
few problems. The kernel was booting fine until i got these errors...

CACHE TEST FAILED: host wrote 1, ncr read -1985204644.
CACHE TEST FAILED: host wrote 2, host read 1075315068.
CACHE INCORRECTLY CONFIGURED
obio0 at pic2 dev 7 function 0
(freeze!)

Any ideas? Comments? Flames? Free pizza? =)

Mike