Subject: Re: Which kernel? Where does the ramdisk come from?
To: John Klos <john@klos.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 07/10/2000 16:31:55
At 4:43 PM -0400 7/10/00, John Klos wrote:
>I shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. Why not make the files in boot.fs
>available to those of us without a floppy?

Actually if you have a NetBSD system available already (and root
access) then it's pretty easy to extract the files from the image.
Just configure a vnd filesystem with the floppy image and mount it.
(From man vnconfig the command is 'vnconfig /dev/vnd0c
/tmp/floppy.img 512/18/2/80' if the image is in /tmp/floppy.img.
Then mount . . .)  Then copy the files out.

Maybe you even copy them into another filesystem image on another vnd
for burning to CD-ROM.