Subject: Boot install on baige G3
To: <>
From: Rene Salmon <rsalmon@tulane.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/30/2000 09:28:41
Hello,

    I am fairly new to NetBSD I looked on the list archives and found some usefull information

about installing NetBSD on a G3 baige mac but none of that seems to work for me so I am hoping

some one here can help.

The Open Firmware version is 2.4.  I have two hard drive in the machine one has Mac OS and the

other has Linuxppc.  I decided to try NetBSD in place of Linux.

I used dd to put the floppy image boot.fs on to the diskette and then typed

boot fd:0

This returned with error message

Claimed failed

Next I tried gunzip netbsd-GENERIC_MD and placing it on my MACOS Harddrive

at the OF promts i type

ok>

boot hd hd:5,netbsd-GENERIC_MD

and that seems to boot the Mac OS not NetBSD Installer.

I really what to try out NetBSD on my mac can some one please give me a clue as to

what migh work.

Thank you in Advanced

Rene

--