Subject: 5300c/240 or orig g3 pb router
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: charlie allom <yeled@rubberduck.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/30/2000 02:21:51
hey guys, ive been lurking on the 68k list for a while now with my SE/30,
getting ready to route my cable.

at the end of the day i opted for my g3 desktop(macos) with 2 nics to
route my cable because of the firewall options i can have with 2 nics.

at work theer might be an orig. g3 powerbook (same for factor as the 5300)
and also a 5300/240..

i see that either of these will be ok support wise, just want a double
check, that if i whack say, a cheap xircom nic in there to complement the
in built nic, will this be a workable router/firewall/leechin' demon? ;>

cheers all.

- charlie.

--
charlie@rubberduck.com