Subject: Floppy images for 1.5ALPHA snapshot
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/23/2000 10:20:03
I am trying to install the snapshot on a ANS 700/150, but the floppy
directory is missing from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20000620-1.5/installation/.
Does someone have a boot image or will the floppy directory appear
soonish?

I tried the floppy image in ...20000205/installation/floppy and it
boots the machine but has problems with the de(4) Ethernet driver not
recognizing carrier on the Apple 100baseTX card. (I have no dongle for
the built-in Ethernet). I hope that the tlp(4) driver, which
should be in the INSTALL kernel, works better. The GENERIC kernel
still uses the de(4) driver instead of the tlp(4), any particular
reason?

--
    - aew