Subject: installation question
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Laurent de Segur <lds@apple.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/2000 22:06:13
Hi,

First I am really curious to find out how active this email list. Hopefully,
my mailbox will get lost of messages from this list in the future... ;-)

I am trying to install netbsd on a B&W G3 (Yosemite) using the internal
atapi zip drive that came with the machine. There doesn't seem to be any
place I could find describing a way to create a netbsd boot volume on a zip
disk

If I don't have a server connected to this machine, I believe that there
isn't much hope to netinstall. And because the machine doesn't have a floppy
drive, the last thing I can try is burning a cd with the image posted on the
ftp site (1.4.2). Has anyone tried using this image on a Mac? Does it work
directly by booting from the cd and then installing from it?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Laurent