Subject: Re: Performa 6200 upgrade path query
To: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/20/2000 17:15:20
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Yoshihisa Sugimoto wrote:

> > > Considering the 6200 is currently unsupported by every known UN*X including
> > > Darwin, is there a standard motherboard swap that can be done for the 6200?
> > > (in order to run netbsd!!!)
> >
> >Hmm.  Maybe the 6360 motherboard?  Not sure, but worth a shot if you
> >happen to find one.
> >

> Even if you find 6360/6400 logic boards, you have to add 3.3 volts power
> supply to work PCI based PPC603 logic board (Alchemy).

Bummer.  Sounds like a pain in the backside.

Well, maybe you 6200 users should give me and the other MkLinux folks a
little help finishing getting MkLinux running on those machines.  There's
a bug in the BAT handling that prevents it from getting started, but it
should be very close to working once somebody gets past that.  :-)

(I'm actually planning on working on this some this weekend, now that
school's out for summer.)

David

A brief Haiku:

Microsoft is bad.