Subject: mount zip disk?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Connell <connell@bitstream.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/16/2000 14:22:47
forgive me if this is a common question, but i searched the faq with no
luck...

can you mount and use a zip disk under netbsd as a regular scsi disk? i've
tried mounting a msdos-formatted zip disk twice - the first time gave me a
hard system lock (i ended up reinstalling after a screenful of fsck
errors), the second time just gave me "device not configured" errors.

i assume i can't mount an hfs volume (right?), but i can't find any
documentation specifically addressing zip drives. jaz drives are supposed
to work, but i don't have one to try (though i think i'll hook up my orb
drive to try that).

it seems like zips worked under linux, but i can't remember if that was
related to a utility or just system functions. tia for any help

- bill