Subject: Re: Booting an OF 1.0.5
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/15/2000 12:09:33
Is there any particular reason you're hell-bent on using ofwboot.xcf?

A copy of boot.fs, dd'ed (or whatever) to a floppy, can be booted on
every OF 1.0.5 machine where I've tried (a 7500, two 7600s, and a
7300 just in the last week) with a simple:

ok> boot fd:0

Once booted, install is as usual (though you may have to ifconfig and
route add by hand), and I've had no troubles using installboot as
stated in the FAQ and then booting from the hard drive. I don't know
anything about munging HFS partition maps, though I haven't tried to
use the same disk for MacOS and NetBSD (largely because the swarm of
OF 1.0.5 machines I've got are for a cluster computing project in
which we don't want MacOS at all).

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net