Subject: link error compiling the kernel
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Andy <andy@softbook.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/13/2000 15:57:35
I've been playing around trying to understand how config works and must've
deleted something important.. Now I get:
ioconf.o(.data+0x524): undefined reference to `mesh_cd'
in the link phase of the kernel build

I don't quite understand why as my files.macppc
contains  lines:
device mesh: scsi
attach mesh at obio
file arch/macppc/dev/mesh.c                     mesh

I also did a verbose output from ld and there was a line
"attempt to open mesh.o succeeded mesh.o" - doesn't this mean that it found
and compiled the driver source and  created the object file?

Can someone enlighten me what's the proper way of adding/removing a driver
to/from the kernel ?
Or point to a source of info..

TIA
andy