Subject: RE: NFS boot,root,install
To: 'Cliff Neighbors' <cliff@allegronetworks.com>
From: Greg Kritsch <greg@evertz.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/06/2000 10:23:12
1.  There's some articles in the archive of this mailing list that have a
reference to a kernel and an install kernel that work.  Also, if you build
-current from last Friday, it will work.

2.  I network booted ofwboot.elf using TFTP ("boot enet:0 -a" from
openfirmware prompt) and then loaded the install kernel from a NFS mounted
disk - I believe that's the default setting when you network boot
ofwboot.elf, so you don't have to type anything at the boot prompt.  Of
course, the install kernel has it's own root filesystem built in to the
memory disk.

3.  I used an older D-Link card with a DEC chipset on it.

4. Yes, you have to have FFS and a kernel on ultra0 before that boot command
will work.

Gregory