Subject: Re: ncr53c8xx driver
To: Aris Colp <aris@PADL.COM>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2000 07:59:54
On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 03:27:00PM +1000, Aris Colp wrote:

 > Jason Thorpe modified the ncr53c8xx drivers to support big-endian machines.
 >
 > I've made a kernel that has this driver built in and it seems to work on the
 > Apple Network Server 500 that I use.

Well, a few other folks helped fix the bugs, too.

In any case, for people running NetBSD-current, I strongly recomment you
try using the not-finished-but-quite-usable `siop' driver which is going
to replace `ncr' completely.  It has a much better design, and is usable
on systems which to not have cache coherent DMA.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>