Subject: Re: Problems installing to 5400/120
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Ben Allums <allums@earthlink.net>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/02/2000 11:02:38
PowerMac 5400/120 reports OpenFirmware version 2.0 installed.

On 6/2/2000 at 10:32 AM, mw34@cornell.edu (Michael Wolfson) wrote:
> At 8:46 AM -0500 6/2/00, you wrote:
>
> :Installing to 5400/120 I have to use BootVars 1.3 as Apple's System
> :Disk )reports that my machine isn't capable of running OS X and so
> :refuses to )do anything.  I believe I was running System Disk 1.2.1
>
> They're up to 2.3.1
><ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/macosxserver/utilities/SystemDisk2.3.1.smi.bin>
> and it's much improved.

Sorry about that.  I was at home when I wrote that.  I am using System
Disk 2.3.1.  It's the one that complains about the my machine not being
capable of running MacOS X.

> Are you sure your machine is 1.0.5, I thought it would be 2.something?
> In any case, the patches are contained in the resource fork of the
> SystemDisk application.  Trust me SystemDisk contains a *lot* of
> patches.

Are these the ones found in the 'OFpt' resource?
Yep, there are a number of them, I'm just not certain which one to run
(if any).

  128  PowerSurge
  129  PowerExpress
  130  Gossamer