Subject: G4, Apple Cinema Display?
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Alex <xela@MIT.EDU>
List: port-macppc
Date: 06/01/2000 01:56:23
Does anyone have NetBSD and X working on a G4 with the Apple
Cinema Display?  What server, and what colordepth were you able
to achieve?  (I looked through the list archives and didn't see
any discussion of the Cinema display at all.)

When my G4 & cinema display came in I was up to my elbows in
other projects, so I had one of my junior sysadmins who'd been
sucessrully using it install LinuxPPC on it.  It works, but
we've only been able to get 8-bit color, and I find administering
redhat so irritating that I basicly only use it as an X-terminal...
I have some free time coming up, and it would be good to get this
converted to NetBSD if it'll be worth my while...

---Alex

Carl Alexander                                                    KD7GUR
------------- MIT (where Alex hangs out):
xela@mit.edu      Course VI (sometime special student)    SIPB (prospective)
                  Mitgaard ("honorary mold")    MITSFS    LSC (night worker)
                  http://web.mit.edu/~xela
------------- Work (where they call me 'Carl'):
carl@terc.edu     Sr. Systems & Network Administrator, TERC
                  http://www.terc.edu