Subject: G4/Sawtooth/AGP successful install
To: 'port-macppc@netbsd.org' <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Kritsch <greg@evertz.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/29/2000 13:23:55
Just wanted to let everyone know that I managed a successful install of a
new PowerMac G4 system, using the kernel off of
ftp://nandra.iri.co.jp/pub/NetBSD/macppc/netbsd.md.gz.  The only problem I
encountered was with the GMAC ethernet interface being "not configured"
according to dmesg, so I popped in a "de" ethernet card for use after
booting.

I have a few questions, and I must apologize if they're a bit obvious.  The
last time I ran NetBSD it was on an Amiga and over a year and a half ago.
My recent experience is with FreeBSD systems, and I know nothing about Macs
beyond the fact that they have a PowerPC processor in them.

I want to rebuild the kernel, prefereably without having to keep track of
-current entirely.  Is there any specific cvs tag or date that I would be
best to start from?  Is there any idea when the code will be moved to
-release?

Gregory