Subject: Re: X Server
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/26/2000 16:35:28
Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>  kakimashita=A0:

> That was me.  Sorry, I had posted that info off-line.  On my powerbook
> 2000, everything but the current resoluation is listed as disabled.  One =
of
> the OF 'words' available in 'dev screen' is 'enable-videomode'.  With thi=
s,
> you can tell it to enable one of the other video modes.  Then use
> 'set-mode'.  On my machine, the LCD turns off wheveter I run 'set-mode' t=
> anything (even the current mode).  Since you don't have an LCD, it might
> work properly.
>=20
> I further found that if I power cycle my machine (to get the LCD working
> again), it has returned to the original resolution.  Bill suggested writi=
ng
> an nvramrc script to automatically run these commands to change resolutio=
> on each start-up.  In a few days, I'll be posting this info to the macppc
> FAQ (even though it doesn't work on any machine at my disposal).
>=20
> Let me know if you get it working or not.
>=20
> -- MW

On my G4, it doesn't work correctly, but I haven't been deep into extensive
testing...
I boot OF in 1280x960 then :

dev screen
show-modes
enable-videomode d // which is 832x624@75 or 70 Hz.
set-mode d

Then, OF change the mode, but not the screen.... so then screen becomes a
horde (a hurd ;-)) of evil pixels... (still black on white)

enable-videomode 21 // mode 21 was the current 1280x960
set-mode 21

OK, everything gets good anew (Is my sentence correct ? (i'm french))
...but I have had a MacOS crash after a 'bye' command. I'm not sure this is
for the reason of changing bideomode, but perhaps...)

--
Isobel.

N'=E9taient leurs cris
On ne les verrait pas, les h=E9rons blancs
Matin de neige                           (Chiyo-ni)