Subject: Re: X Server
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/24/2000 13:52:07
At 8:10 AM -0700 5/22/00, Bill Studenmund wrote:

:)?? There should be something like set-mode which will set the video
:)modes. There is in the Blue & White G3. :-)
:)
:)As I recall, you type the desired video mode number, leave a space or hit
:)return (the number will wind up on the forth stack), then "set-mode".

I tried this, but my screen turned off.  Then again, I only have a
non-multisync LCD.  Has anyone actually gotten this to work?

:)After the "dev screen", type "words" and OF should show you the command
:)words at this node. On older systems, I'm not sure if the support is
:)there, but I know you'll need a full path on the dev ("dev /chaos/control"
:)for instance).

OF 1.0.5 systems do not have this feature.  They kinda suck in the video
department, being stuck at 640x480 at 60 Hz.

  -- MW