Subject: Re: (OFF-TOPIC) NuBus Based PPC's
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Mitchell <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/21/2000 16:24:41
On Sat, 20 May 2000, Greg wrote:

> Is anyone working on a version of NetBSD for the NuBus based PowerMacs?  I
> know that MkLinux exists but it _just wasn't the same_ if you know what I
> mean.

Of course we do.  =)  It wasn't NetBSD.

> I have been thinking about this a lot lately and if I had the skills to port
> _anything_ I would be more than happy to work on it myself, sadly, I don't

Ditto.

> SO my final little question is, do we have anyone working on this, and if
> not, why not?  <g> there are a lot of older NuBus based PPC's out there that
> would make nice little NetBSD boxes :)

If I knew how to program better and if I had a 601 or NuBus PPC, I would
be writing support for it as we speak.  Unfortunately, I don't know much
at all about hardware, but hopefully university will fix that.  =)

(Theoretically, if I got a degree in Computer Engineer, I would be able to
do this sort of thing, right...?)

--
Tyler Mitchell