Subject: Re: X Server
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/20/2000 20:57:51
At 8:54 PM -0400 5/20/00, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

:)And a tricky bit of hidden HTML (perhaps it's incorrect?):
:)
:)> On newer machines OF >= 2.0, you can type (at the OF prompt):
:)> 0 > dev screen
:)> 0 > show-modes
:)> 0 > mode#
:)> 1 > .
:)>
:)> This will list the resolutions available on your system.  If you set your
:)> system to one of these resolutions from within MacOS, then Open FIrmware
:)> should keep that setting.
:)
:)Actually, maybe it's commented out because of the angle brackets. I'll
:)fix that.

Actually, it's commented out because no one has figured out a method of
actually *setting* the mode using OF, so I figured it's pretty pointless to
list that procedure since MacOS will list the possible resolutions anyways
in the Monitors control panel.

  -- MW