Subject: Re: Netbooting an iMac...
To: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/20/2000 20:41:05
On Sat, May 20, 2000 at 04:12:33PM -0400, Michael Wolfson wrote:

> Sounds like the problems I was having a while ago with my 8500 trying to
> netboot off NetBSD 1.4.  See
> <http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2000/02/20/0007.html>.

Thanks... I'm getting closer. Someone else mailed me and pointed out a
trick for getting around the bit where the kernel wasn't loading. Now
I just need to figure out how to get the root path to work... The iMac
fails to mount anything, and doesn't see that it's supposed to have an
NFS root. However, I'm pretty encouraged by the fact that the kernel
actually loads now.

I'll summarize once I've gotten it going.

--
   Mason Loring Bliss   mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us              E w i g e
awake ? sleep : dream;  http://acheron.ne.mediaone.net  B l u m e n k r a f t