Subject: Re: installing netbsd on B&W G3 system (pciide:0:0: lost interrupt error)
To: None <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu, rick_roche@hotmail.com>
From: Rick Roche <rick_roche@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/11/2000 18:26:15
Chris,

Thanks for the response.

My system has two ide buses.

- first is labelled ultra ata and has the hard drive on it.
- second is labelled ide and has the Matshita CD and zip drive on it.

- I tried unplugging the second bus, but I still go the error.
- Next, I put the hard drive on the second bus (where the cd was) and
everything worked.  I was able to do the first step of the install and it
completed initializing the disk.  I got stuck after that because I had no CD
drive (with the rest of the installation:).

- I'm going put the CD drive at the other bus id and retry.

Thanks again,
Rick