Subject: Re: Xwindow on a G4.
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 05/03/2000 18:34:39
Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>  kakimashita=A0:

> The usual way to start X is just using xdm. I don't have my PowerMac
> running NetBSD anymore, but I think if it can't find the right mouse and
> keyboard to attach, you'll have to edit /etc/wscons.conf or something in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ This is probably a case of the X server still being
> set to look for an adb keyboard and mouse.
> AFAIK, a Linux app will not run on NetBSD. I'm not sure what the
> status of even reading ext2fs is either. You can always try it of course
> :)
>=20
> I know that's pretty vague, but the NetBSD X server should work
> fine once you figure out how to change it from the default adb, to the
> correct USB. Surely someone on here has X running on their G4.
>=20
>=20
> Chris

Thank you,

In fact, X was working...
I'm rather new to UNIX, and did'nt think about the access-right of the
files... thus, X was working when root and not in a normal account because
the /dev/mouse file (/dev/ws??) did not have the good right. I have not
change it now but think this is the solution.

--
Isobel.

Puces de ma hutte
Vous maigrissez