Subject: Succesfull install on G4/Sawtooth
To: NetBSD port-macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/30/2000 02:51:05
Hello,

With the help of a NetBSD-amiga-port maintainer, we managed to succesfully
install NetBSD-current on my G4/Sawtooth/AGP/etc... on a IDE slave driver
BOOTABLE !

The boot proceeds as follow, it is not pretty cool and I'm wondering someon=
could help me configuring a better boot-stage :

Under OpenFirmware:

0> boot ultra0:ofwboot.elf            //ultra0 is HFS+, with MacOS 9 on it.

Under ofwboot.elf:

Boot: ultra1:0,netbsd         //where netbsd has been downloaded at nandra,
                              //and copied over the netbsd kernel installed
                              //by sysinst.

BIG problem :

the kernel booting stops and ask me where is the root device (default wd0a,
mine being wd1a) : It does not find it by himself and I don't know how to
teach him the good things in life ;-) help ?

MEDIUM problem : when I tell him 'Okay boy, check ffs root file-system on
wd1a..' (eg when I type `wd1a'), I got a lot of kbd-related messages (indee=
if I don't do anything, this message just repeat over and over...) :

    `ohci_intr : ignored interrupt while polling'

Any idea to fix that (USB ?) problem ?

Thank's a lot,

--=20
Isobel.