Subject: Re: video Resolution macppc
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/29/2000 15:11:54
on 4/29/00 10:31 AM, Frederick Bruckman at fb@enteract.com wrote something
like:

> On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Guy Santiglia wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to change the video resolution on the macppc port?

    Not directly no. Usually this follows one of three scenarios. 1.) You
are stuck with the resolution MacOS last left you in. 2.) 640x480 or 3.)
varies depending on the video hardware used. My XClaimVR 64 card always
comes up at 1024x768 or maybe it's 1280x1024. I don't recall what the
intrinsic Rage II+ chipset comes up at.
    There are still no console display drivers so whatever OF dishes out (if
anything at all) you are stuck with. There are words in place on most ATI
hardware for switching video resolutions, but I have not as of yet figured
out how to tell OF to reset the display using a different resolution. It is
likely not possible or far too troublesome, IMHO, to switch resolutions at
this time. If anyone gets around to making bootX happy, scenario 1 should
work for just about everyone.

    Chris

--

    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."