Subject: Re: OpenFirmware to boot netbsd[was: My G4 turned dead for a
To: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
From: Isobel <Samuel.Hornus@crans.ens-cachan.fr>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/27/2000 21:56:49
Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>  kakimashita=A0:

>=20
>> In openFirmware, I tried:
>>=20
>> boot ultra1:0,netbsd
>=20
> aren't you suppose to load the ofwboot.elf from OF? since the apple's OF
> cann't read FFS?
>=20
> -jake

Yep, thanks, her I am :

boot zip:ofwboot.elf

okay

Boot: ultra1:0

okay it boot NetBSD, but qfter a few lines (like total mem 128, avail mem
112), I read :

boot device: unknown
root device:=20

and the prompt stops here. When I type something it tells me I have to
choose between : `halt'...

Then it's just what I do, because nothing else seems to work... :-(

Any idea ? Am I to modify some things in etc/fstab ? but if yes : HOW ?
because I can't start up !
Perhaps in single-user mode, but I don't know how to start up in single
user...

Next : Is there a way to put ofwboot.elf in another place than my ZIP disk =
?
eg, on my HDS+ disk, or on the NetBSD disk ?

Thank you,

--
Isobel.

Lav=E9s lustr=E9s brillants