Subject: Re: 10/100 ethernet cards - followup
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_ppc@icompute.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/25/2000 23:25:59
Still puzzling over why my fast Etherlink XL ethernet (3c905B-tx) card
is not working reliably.

It works fine as long as I don't try to move data any faster than about
1 MByte/sec.  If I connect to the NetBSD server with the 10/100
card from another machine with a 10/100 capability, I get errors
on the console: "/netbsd: ex0: device timeout".  These messages are
coming out of the src/sys/dev/ic/elinkxl.c. at about line 1446.

Can anyone point me to some docs on the theory of operation of this
code so I might get started trying to figure out what's busted?  At least
I can throw in some log entries so I can get a little visibility into what
is happing on the card when it fails.  I'd be ticked to get a fast ethernet
card working on this machine.

If anyone is willing to look at this, should I send a card?  (They're
not expensive)

Thanks,

-dgl-