Subject: Re: 10/100 ethernet cards - followup
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/21/2000 23:02:10
In <v03130300b52584be3193@[209.46.51.197]>
donlee@icompute.com wrote:

> There is more detail on what these cards actually are on this

Unfortunately, some MI drivers are not tested or would not work
on big endian machines, including macppc.

> 	Apr 20 19:45:31 charm /netbsd: Lite-On Communications \
>82C168/82C169 (PNIC) 10/100 Ethernet (ethernet network, revision 0x20) \
>at pci0 dev 13 function 0 not configured

This may be supported by tlp driver in -current.
I'm using Macronix MX98715A with tlp driver on macppc.
(Sometimes it gets many errors, though)

> 	Apr 20 21:01:53 charm /netbsd: Accton Technology product 0x1211 \
>(ethernet network, revision 0x10) at pci0 dev 13 function 0 not configured

This card is supported by rl driver (appeared 1.4.2, and
renamed to rtk in -current) but does not seem to work on macppc.

> I also tried the 3Com 3C905B-TX, which I  now know is not on the approved
> list.

This is supported by ex driver and I used on macppc for a while,
but does not tested on heavy load.

I guess the GENERIC kernel contains only tested/confirmed devices...
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp