Subject: Re: Newbie first install on 9600/200
To: Guy Santiglia <robin5153@yahoo.com>
From: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/19/2000 03:59:29
The 9600/200 is in the class of the first round of Apple's PCI-based
PowerMacintoshes, with OpenFirmware 1.0.5 - it barely works at all,
let alone well enough to actually drive the keyboard and whatever PCI
video card you have there (ATI, I bet?).

You need to be talking to this computer on its modem port at 38400
8n1 from a terminal or terminal emulator running on another computer.
Painful, I know, but this is how it most often has to be done with
that vintage of Macintosh (I know, I've got a bunch here).

	Erik <fair@clock.org>