Subject: State of Installation Tools for non-SCSI PowerMacs
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/14/2000 13:52:52
I just got a new G4 at work and I blew away all the standard cruft
the help desk preinstalled on it and partitioned it for a triple
boot.  Darwin installation was a breeze, though it seems
documentation impaired.  MacOS 9 had only the usual sorts of problems.

Now, how do I get NetBSD on this beast?  Are we still stuck for
installation tools here?

Could I do it if I arrange a bootp/tftp setup on my Solaris box?  I
want a native boot and don't want to do that to my Solaris box
permanently.

For that matter the last I noticed the uni-north support was still
having problems.  Is it far enough along that my efforts would be
useful testing?