Subject: Re: netbsd and X
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: fission <fission@mb.sympatico.ca>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/13/2000 15:03:16
It could be in his case (not in mine, unfortunately).  I'm pretty sure
that if you boot from a serial console there's no Open Firmware buffer
(which the X server currently uses as a framebuffer).  In any case,
there's no ofb device seen when I boot (so no display...)

How would I be able to tell whether or not it is a Brooktree video chip or
not?

--fission