Subject: Re: Installation on Apus A3000
To: , Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 04/01/2000 02:12:12
on 3/28/00 6:55 PM, Thilo Manske at Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE wrote
something like:

> On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 06:00:06PM -0500, Michael Wolfson wrote:
>> Actually, this is a good point.  Apple has a 8.1 Disk Tools disk, which
>> has a minimal System Folder.  You might be able to use this.
>>
>> <http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Eng

lish-North_American/Macintosh/System/Mac_OS_8.1_Update/Disk_Tools_PPC.img.bi
n>> >
> Thanks, I'll try it.
>
> I suppose there is no way to get that "Disc copy NDIF" file to floppy without
> the use
> of MAC OS? (i.e. with NetBSD/arm32 or i386?). I searched freshmeat.net ...
>
> Hmm, guess it's harddisc swapping time again next weekend...

    Actually, I think you can just dd / rawwrite the NDIF image file right
onto the floppy. I think I actually used Disk Copy to write the NetBSD
boot.fs image to a floppy, and I'm reasonably sure that it worked. That
won't work with compressed images (relatively recent), but you might get
lucky with the regular ole' uncompressed ones.

    Chris

--

Murphy was an optimist.