Subject: Re: Performa
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
From: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/30/2000 19:12:00
Hello Dave.

How far did you actually get with the Performa? Is it in a state where
either SLIP or PPP can be
started on (say) the printer port?

I have a Performa 6200 with a 28,000 personal modem in the communications
slot (hogs up the modem port as well, there is no UART on card), and a
Asante Ethernet card in the LC slot.

You advise me last year that the Mach kernel was a hold up in allowing the
LC ethernet card to
be accessed.

I could live with PPP (not via a modem, but across to a MacIIvx running
NetBSD).

So, actually, if the machine came up with no floppy, no screen or keyboard,
only a terminal on the printer port, which could then be switched over to
PPP or SLIP, that would be enough (of course
and a complete set of GNU tools etc..).....

Regards

Roger