Subject: Re: Performa
To: None <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@deepspace.mklinux.org>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/29/2000 20:59:28
I deleted the original email, but with regards to that machine, my efforts
to bring the 52/62/53/63xx family up in MkLinux were hampered by ethernet
problems and the failure of my PowerBook's floppy drive (which has since
been replaced, but they still won't hold a kernel uncompressed, are slow,
etc...).

So this question is a little off-topic, but does anyone know where I could
get drivers for the comm-slot ethernet hardware in those things?  I
couldn't get it to recognize that there was a network on the other end,
and I suspect possibly a driver problem.  I can't tell who made it -- I'm
guessing Apple, but there's no brand name, and it's olmost entirely just a
Sonic 83934 on a card....

Later,
David

A logician trying to explain logic to a programmer is like a cat
trying to explain to a fish what it's like to be wet.

	-- unknown, possibly Franklin Veaux