Subject: Getting Started, again
To: port-macppc@netbsd.org <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Geoffrey C Kinnel <Geoffrey.Kinnel@bms.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/17/2000 13:21:39
I finally got around to trying NetBSD again. Unfortunately, the
machine I have available is a 7300/180. As you know, the OF
implementation in this machine is subpar.

I don't seem to be able to get /chaos/control working. I have NetBSD
(1.4.1) installed and working just fine via serial console. I'd rather
use the keyboard and monitor, though.

I don't really have any questions, I just wanted to bemoan the fact
that I have a 7300 in a forum that might understand my woe.

I have applied the OF 1.0.5 patch, too, so that's not it. Is it
possible that having an MultiScan 20 might be a problem? Perhaps I'll
try switching monitors, and see what happens.

Despondently,
Geoff