Subject: Re: iMac DV SE, Netbooting
To: Robert Vogel <rvogel@ns2.imagefinancial.net>
From: William O Ferry <woferry@iname.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2000 19:21:26
Robert,
	I'm 99% certain the problem is the kernel you're using to boot
your iMac.  The iMac DV is based on Apple's newer "uni-north" chipset,
which NetBSD has only had support for in -current for the last month or
so.  NetBSD 1.4.1 (built in August of 1999) definitely would not have
this support, and I think that explains why it gets up to mainbus0 and
then dies (it doesn't know how to talk to your chipset).  A kernel built
from -current within the last week or so should work, I haven't seen any
public kernels or snapshots since we've added support for uni-north, the
20000205 snapshot predated uni-north by a week or two.

	So I'm pretty sure that's your problem, I can't exactly suggest
a solution other than waiting, unless somebody has a snapshot or is
building / willing to build one.

	Hope that helps.
                                               Will