Subject: Re: bug #1
To: Jake Luck <netbsd@10k.org>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/14/2000 19:14:28
Jake Luck  (netbsd@10k.org) wrote:

>this came purely by accident when i am doing some internal consistancy
>check, according to the Inside Mac on the Apple WebSite.
>
>TYPE Block0 =
>PACKED RECORD
>   sbSig:         Integer;    {device signature}
>   sbBlkSize:     Integer;    {block size of the device}
>   sbBlkCount:    LongInt;    {number of blocks on the device}
>   sbDevType:     Integer;    {reserved}
>   sbDevId:       Integer;    {reserved}
>   sbData:        LongInt;    {reserved}
>   sbDrvrCount:   Integer;    {number of driver descriptor entries}
>   ddBlock:       LongInt;    {first driver's starting block}
>   ddSize:        Integer;    {size of the driver, in 512-byte blocks}
>   ddType:        Integer;    {operating system type (MacOS = 1)}
>   ddPad:         ARRAY [0..242] OF Integer; {additional drivers, if any}
>END;
>
>  ->  "SCSI.h" in Universal Headers 3.3 defines
>
>struct Block0 {
>	unsigned short		sbSig;
>	unsigned short 		sbBlkSize;
>	unsigned long 		sbBlkCount;
>	unsigned short 		sbDevType;
>	unsigned short 		sbDevId;
>	unsigned long 		sbData;
>	unsigned short 		sbDrvrCount;
>	unsigned long 		ddBlock;
>	unsigned short 		ddSize;
>	unsigned short 		ddType;
>	unsigned short 		ddPad[243];
>};

*red faced*  That's what I get for following Apple documentation so
religiously, eh?  That's certainly an error in "md.h" that I introduced.
Thankfully it doesn't appear to be in  "disklabel.h" for either the
mac68k or macppc port.  Obviously that needs to be fixed in sysinst for
mac68k and macppc.

-bob