Subject: Re: Problem with -current kernel supped March 12
To: Jake Luck , NetBSD/macppc <port-macppc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-macppc
Date: 03/13/2000 15:32:19
on 3/13/00 3:18 PM, Jake Luck at netbsd@10k.org wrote something like:

> FYI, I managed to complete a full "make build" on my Powerbook 2400c last
> night with the March 12th source, so now it is just the kernel now, i
> rebuilt the kernel with the 0312 userland tools, but still no luck. This
> morning, I started poked around in the macppc tree, doing cvs log/diffs,
> it looks like the only major change is when uninorth was merged in.
> perhaps something delicate was broke? but again that was commited on 0203.
> could someone explain the following changes in "autoconf.c" as I am still
> quite new to the BSD kernel.
>
> =====revision 1.20
> date: 2000/02/08 20:02:13;  author: tsubai;  state: Exp;  lines: +6 -2
> Make OF-2.x can also find root device.
>
> the other change that caught my eyes is in /usr/src/sys/dev/scsipi/sd.c
>
> =====revision 1.157
> date: 2000/02/07 20:16:57;  author: thorpej;  state: Exp;  lines: +29 -21
> Fix a bug in disksort_*() which caused non-optimal ordering when multiple
> active partitions were on a single spindle.  Add a b_rawblkno member to
> struct buf which contains the non-partition-relative block number to sort
> by.
>
> I replaced the sd.c with the 0205 version, but it had no effect, same
> problem. I will try to dig a little future.
>
> and apparantly the mesh code has not changed since 0205, so the
> "bug" really lies elsewhere.
>
> also guys what version of OF do you have?
>
> OF version  Hardware
> Jake   2.1f   Powerbook 2400c
  Chris  2.0f1  Beige G3 DT/233

    I was running 1.4.1 and I could not get mesh to recognize any SCSI drive
that I attached to the system. In hopes of making a boot cd I attached my CD
burner, but I just kept getting mesh timeouts. Same with my DEC RRD42 2x
CDROM and any SCSI HD's. Basically I couldn't boot the computer with any
SCSI drives attached. It would either endlessly give timeouts, stop with an
lwz ... 0x14 error that seems to happen when anything disk related (ATA or
SCSI goes wrong) or panic. I can look up exact errors and codes if it's of
any value.

    Chris

--

    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."